DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING AT SISTec
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organizes its weekly series TechTALK an Industry Academia Interaction with an objective to bridge an industry- institutions gap & to know the latest industry demands.
- The department has highly qualified and very experienced faculty with a minimum qualification of M.Tech, amongst which most are GATE & NET qualified.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering encourages its students to make their projects & present them at various state & national platforms with an objective to incorporate their theoretical and practical skills into working model and also provide an opportunity for the students to demonstrate their learning experience through their innovations.
- 94% Students of Final year got placed in various Core & Software Companies with multiple opportunities in hand.
- Three Students from Electronics & Communication Engineering Department received Vice-Chancellor Scholarship Award of Rs. 20000 each.
- Creating an environment to make teaching more learning centric rather than curriculum centric, to achieve this goal, we are running 4×4 model of module system & semester break training programs.
- Department strongly feels its responsibility in placing all the students for their career. To be successful in their career students are trained properly during their studies. For this, technical & soft skills trainers are available, who offers career counselling, soft skills, personality development & technical training. Regular mock interviews & online tests are conducted for their assessment.
- Department organizes at least 3 seminar/expert talks/workshops (Short term training program) and two industrial visits to enhance practical knowledge of students & to bridge a gap between the latest trends and requirements between Industry and institute and make the student understand “Industrial Environment”.
- Department also encourage students to participate in various national events, such as:
- Smart India Hackathon (Hardware Edition)
- Tech fests in IITs/NITs
Prof. Harvinder Singh Saluja
Associate Professor & Head of Electronics & Communication Engineering