From 2019 JEE (Main) will be conducted in two phases; the first phase is for admissions to BE/BTech from January 6 to 20, 2019 and the second phase for admissions to BArch/ B Planning between April 6 and 20, 2019. The exam will have the same papers as the last year except for the exam mode, the pattern remains unchanged. Paper 1 will be completely held in the computer-based mode, and in Paper 2, mathematics and aptitude test will be computer-based, whereas drawing will be pen-and-paper based.. In JEE (Main) Paper 1, 30 MCQs will be asked from each subject (physics, chemistry and mathematics) making it a total of 90 questions.
The question paper will be available in English, Hindi and Gujarati (for students of Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Nagar haveli). Paper 1 will be conducted in two sessions per day and the candidates need to book their slots. Paper 2 includes a total of 82 questions. 30 MCQs in mathematics section, 50 from aptitude and two questions will be there in the drawing test.
Selection process Cut-off & results: The screening test for JEE (Advanced) 2019, NTA will announce the qualifying cut-off of JEE (Main) 2019 in the first week of May after the announcement of the result of the April exam. The results for the first exam will be announced on January 31, 2019. The results of JEE (Main) will be the scores obtained by the students in the exam they have appeared in — January, April or both The results will be without ranks as it will be compiled on the basis of better scores of candidates appearing in both the exams.
Inter-se-merit will be resolved as follows:
- Candidates who scores more marks in Aptitude test will be ranked higher.
- In case the tie is unresolved, students who scores more marks in drawing test will be given the higher rank.
- Lastly the age of the candidates i.e the older candidates will be awarded the higher rank.
- If the tie remains unresolved, the candidates will be given the same rank.
Rank list preparation for Paperll
- The raw marks for both attempts will be considered for candidates who have given both the attempts and the better of the marks considered.
- For candidates who have appeared for only one attempt, the raw marks obtained for the same will be used.
- Rank list will be prepared as per the marks obtained as mentioned above.